The National Arts Council’s literature advisory panel has called upon local book publishers and publishing houses to apply for a special grant to address the scarcity of books in Africa languages.
Requirements to Apply
- A maximum of 2 completed (already edited), quality manuscripts per publishing house/publisher, written in one of the 9 official indigenous languages or any of the Khoisan languages. If a publishing house/publisher is submitting 2 manuscripts, the manuscripts do not necessarily have to be in a single language.
- The manuscript(s) must strictly be new work in one of the creative writing genres; with priority given to novels, poetry volumes, and short story collections meant for leisure reading (no academic intended work will be considered).
- A production budget breakdown for R35 000 for each manuscript.
- Example of the publisher’s previously published book(s).
- Able to deliver before or by 30 November 2016.
- A historical background of the publishing house/publisher.
- Certified ID copies of two main office bearers
- Certified company registration certificate
- Tax clearance of the publishing house/publisher.
- Confirmation of bank details
- CV of the convenor/director/manager of the company
- Financial statement of the Publishing House
Closing date: 10 June 2016 and outcome date is 30 July 2016
For more information, contact the Arts Development Officer for Literature Mr Andrew Nkadimeng at.