The Tierney Fellowship hosted at the Market Photo Workshop calls on photographers to apply for a one year fellowship to produce a sound body of photographic work.
The successful applicants will be provided a mentor and a R40 000 grants which will cover expenses such as research, travel and other photography related elements.
Who is eligible to apply?
- The residency is open to all students of the Market Photo Workshop
- The mentorship will be awarded to applicants who are resident in Southern Africa
- Applicants must have fulfilled contractual requirements for Market Photo Workshop courses they were enrolled in or projects they participated in
- Applicants must have basic project management skills and demonstrate understanding of project management steps and processes
- Applicants must be independent, determined self-starters with a drive to succeed
- Students and alumni that come form needy financial background or previously disadvantaged individuals are encouraged to apply
- Applicants must not have produced a solo exhibition before
- Applicants must be able to travel to Johannesburg for initial meetings
- Applicants must not be older than 35 years of age at time of application
How to apply?
Submit two projects/series of work with at least 8-10 digital low-resolution images per project. Maximum of 20 low-resolution files in total (max. 5MB). All images must be in JPG format. Your series of work must be accompanied by a proposal document in Word format detailing the following
- Proposal Concept
- Why you have chosen this concept
- What you wish to accomplish with this work
- Why this opportunity is significant for you
- Include an abridged CV in a Word document or pdf.
All four files above need to be named as separate folders and compressed in one zip-file as: <firstname_surname>.zip.
Deadline: Applications close on Friday 20 May 2016.
All applications must be submitted by email toand copied to .
Applicants can contact Bekie Ntini on +27 11 834 1444 with any queries.